An interesting variation to the regular upma
- 150 g Vermicelli
- 2 tbsp Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Green Peas
- 1 no Onion, chopped
- 1 no Carrot,cubed
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 no Green chilly,chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, chopped
- 1 spring Coriander leaves,chopped
- a pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat pan and roast the vermicelli till light brown.
- Later pour water and salt and boil for 5 mins, remove from heat and strain.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds crackles, add onion, ginger, green chilly, peanuts, chopped vegetables, curry leaves and sauté for 5 mins or till the vegetables are completely tender.
- Add turmeric and boiled vermicelli into the sautéed vegetables.
- Stir gently, add lime juice and salt, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
Calories: 215kcalFat: 7.52gProtein: 4.08gCarbohydrates: 30.38g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!