A complete one dish meal with all food groups
- Pressure Cooker
- 60 gm Rice
- 60 gm Moong Dal
- 2 nos Onion chopped
- 1 no Tomato chopped
- 2 tbsp Peas boiled
- 1 no Carrot steamed
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 no Green Chilly finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger finely chopped
- a pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- a few Curry leaves
- 4 tsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak rice & moong dal for half an hour.
- Boil 5 cups of water. Pour the soaked rice, dal, turmeric & salt, stir well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, onion, tomato ginger and chillies and sauté for 2-3 min.
- Add sautéed masala into the cooking rice, cook the rice soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Alternatively white rice could be replaced with brown or red or mixed rice.
Calories: 183kcalFat: 5.65gProtein: 4.59gCarbohydrates: 25.28g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!