A steamed south Indian Breakfast made with a combination of rice & dal
- 225 gm Rice
- 115 gm Split bengal gram
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- Wash and soak rice for about 30 min. Strain and grind rice and gram.
- Grind fenugreek seeds coarsely in the grinder and add it to the Idli batter.
- Mix rice & gram batter with a little water and keep it overnight.
- Add a pinch of salt to the batter.
- Grease the Idli stand with little oil and add the batter to it.
- Tap it a bit to remove air bubbles and keep it in the steamer.
- Steam it for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the Idlis are done, remove it and serve hot with sambar or chutney.
Calories: 241kcalFat: 1.05gProtein: 6.54gCarbohydrates: 45.51g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!