A tangy Indian Pulse
- Pressure Cooker
- 120 g Cowpea (Chawli)
- 1 small Onion chopped
- 1 small Tomato chopped
- 2 nos Green Chillies chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and boil the chawli with salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Cool and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds & sauté onion, ginger garlic paste and tomatoes for 5 mins till tenderly cooked.
- Add cooked chawli, garam masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with Rice / Chapati.
Calories: 126kcalFat: 2.1gProtein: 5.67gCarbohydrates: 18.31g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!